Multitude Monday: 101-108
It’s Monday again, and what better way to start the week than by participating in Multitudes on Mondays at A Holy Experience…won’t you join us? Here’s my gratitude list for this week:
101) A scenic drive into the Texas Hill Country with my husband John. We visited Garner State Park and had a chance to use our cameras. The scenery was beautiful at the park and during the drive. Best of all, we had a fun day together!
102) The company of books. Books — as I have often said — are like oxygen to me, and I have a ready supply by my nightstand. I’ve lost many hours of sleep this summer, reading wonderful novels — new and not so new — such as The Help and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I just finished John Grisham’s The Litigators, and am currently reading Wally Lamb’s She’s Come Undone. Barbara Kingsolver’s The Bean Trees is next!
103) Getting together with new friends and neighbors. It takes me a while to make friends, and I do appreciate the friends I have…including my online writer and blogger friends.
104) Finally success at losing a few pounds and inches. I just couldn’t stick with it until I tried those meal shakes and bars. Now I just have to get back to the gym!
105) My mom and I put flea meds on our cat Lucky and lived through it. lol!
106) Relaxing at the end of the day, watching TV with John and Lucky. Usually, it’s the Food or Travel Channels.
107) Going shopping with my mom. We still take a break in the middle of shopping to have a cheeseburger, just like when I was a kid! I do treasure these times.
108) Knowing that my husband still finds joy in creativity, whether it’s poetry or photography. Hearing him say his favorite advice — “Stay creative!”
I’ve enjoyed writing and sharing my list. It’s a great way to start the week…and I’ve been remiss for quite a few weeks. Have a blessed week!