It took a while, but I am finally writing my first post for Multitude Monday:One Thousand Gifts at A Holy Experience. Won’t you join us?
I’ve gotten into the habit of pondering the things I would like to do or have someday. This week, I continue a recently begun project — paying attention to everyday treasures — in other words, blessings that are already in my life. As a poet, I’m learning about writing “small stones”, which are very brief reflections on one thing. These small stones are actually a way of giving thanks for the multitude of gifts each day brings. Here are some of those gifts; some may find their way into “small stones”!
1. As I write, I hear my husband at work on a woodcarving project — our dining room table!
2. My husband listens to me.
3. My mother and I go for a walk each morning, and we’re walking farther and farther!
4. Our cat sits in my lap now (a new thing!) and kneads my shoulder. I can feel him purring as I stroke his soft fur.
5. Mini chocolate cake in a cup — a recipe I learned from Karen Linamen’s wonderful book The Chocolate Diaries.
6. My husband is truly interested in what I say, and I like to listen to the things that are on his heart as well.