Lots of reasons for gratitude, so I’ll start my list right away…please join us and link up at A Holy Experience !
7) During my morning walk with my mom, we noticed small, fluffy purple flowers in the grass. I wish I could show you an image, but my cell phone didn’t take a good picture. Any way, I’ve never seen such flowers — they look like a cross between thistles and dandelions that have gone to seed. As always, my mom paused to take in the sweet view. Thanks, mom, for teaching me to recognize the simple, sometimes overlooked miracles.
8.) I love to look at the field across the road…so peaceful in the morning, in the sunshine.
9) Just set out pizza dough to rise. I love the aromas of the bread-baking process — from the yeasty smells as I knead, to the comforting smell of the bread baking.
10) My husband is embracing healthier foods, and loves to cook, too!
11) Our neighbor alerted us to the presence of a large – I mean LARGE — tarantula in our flower pot. Thank God for good neighbors!
12) Our drought is at least keeping the cricket population under control. Last summer, following a rainy spring, we had a cricket population explosion that had to be seen to be believed!
13) The partial cloud cover may keep our South Texas temperatures below 100 degrees today. Hope so!
Have a blessed week, friends!