Here in South Central Texas, we’re in the midst of an exceptional drought. In fact, 72 percent of the state is in the same situation. Water and a cool breeze have become precious commodities, as we are reminded of our dependence on God’s provision.
Thank you to A Holy Experience for hosting Multitudes on Mondays. All you need to do is set aside some time for a gratitude list, post it to your blog, and link up and join your fellow bloggers. Won’t you join us?
Here’s my list for this week:
24. Flowers that thrive in hot, sunny weather — like the bouganvillea. These brilliant, showy blossoms add color to the brown, brittle landscape.
25. Close friends who, although faraway, stay in close touch and send supportive, loving text messages “just because.”
26. Hearing my husband John clear his throat, knowing he’s nearby as I work at my computer.
27. Our kneading, squinting cat, who speaks up when he feels ignored!
28. Time set aside each evening for creative writing. Lately all I can muster is a daily brief “small stone” about one particular thing. I reflect, write, polish, and write again until my words capture the moment as eloquently as possible. A wonderful writing exercise which forces me to really pay attention!
29.Grocery shopping day — another week of filling our basket with fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, fish, and a few treats!
30. Wellness — more and more each day.