It’s time to celebrate Independence Day, and it’s a great time to be thankful. Please join us at A Holy Experience for Multitudes on Mondays. Here’s what I’ve been thinking about this week:
92. Our garden is thriving in spite of the drought and recent triple-digit heat. It’s a haven for us, as we sit with morning coffee or take a break for an evening read.
93. National Ice Cream Month. Need I say more? Our apartment complex is having an ice cream social this month, and our favorite ice cream brand is featuring a new flavor. Yum!
94. Making new friends at our apartment complex. So nice to hear the phone ring and see a friend’s name across the screen.
95. Fresh, locally grown peaches are beginning to appear in farmer’s markets. Haven’t had a chance to buy any yet, but I will as soon as I see them. They’ll be just right with that ice cream.
96. Finished a great novel, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, the first in Steig Larsson’s Millenium trilogy. And I have all summer to read the next two books!
97. A little bit of rain. I’m sure the grass is already perking up!
98. Chocolate. I think it’s been on my list before, and probably will be again. 🙂
99. The chance to participate in our nation’s democratic process. I am blessed to be able to volunteer during this election year.
100. The courage and sacrifice that led to our nation’s Declaration of Independence in 1776. July 4th is one of my favorite holidays!