“Unless the Lord builds the house,
the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the guards stand watch in vain.”
Psalm 127:1 (NIV)
Early spring…what a perfect time for fresh starts, including a move to a new state! The home purchase and move took place after months — years, actually — of worries and prayers. Would we ever decide where to move? Were we waiting on the Lord’s timing? Had we misread His timing? Had we waited too long? Not long enough? The prayers of friends and family saw us through the entire process, which seemed endless during the past three months.
After an exhausting trip from Texas to Idaho, we were greeted by April showers and spring flowers at our new house. We now call Idaho home, and we feel especially blessed on this Multitude Monday. So many reasons to share gratitude…
178. A house of our own, with plenty of room and light.
179. Looking forward to a promising future with my husband.
180. Splashes of colors and sunlight in our front and back yards. We arrived in time to enjoy the flower beds planted by the previous owner.
181. Refreshing rain showers most of the week here in Boise, an area affected by drought.
182. Our cat Lucky, adjusting very well and making himself at home.
183. Spectacular views of the Rocky Mountain foothills from the city and from our street. Pictures to come!
184. Going shopping in a new town with my mom.
185. A chance to make snowballs during the drive from Texas to Idaho. What a change after that balmy Texas climate! We look forward to four seasons here in Idaho.
I hope you are enjoying the promise of spring. Have a wonderful week!