Christy Birmingham is a most talented blogger and poet, so I was honored to learn that she had nominated my blog for this award! Do pay a visit to Christy’s blog, Poetic Parfait, where you’ll find inspiration and verse.
The best part about receiving an award is having the chance to share it with my fellow bloggers. At the end of this post, I’ve listed the blogs that I have nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award. If you are nominated and would like to participate, here is what you can do (if you prefer not to participate, no problem):
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Here are my answers to the questions that Christy used, and I will pass these questions onto the nominees 🙂
- Where do most visits to your blog come from? Mostly the good old USA and Canada; I am blessed to have many good friends in both countries!
- What is your favorite sport? Basketball — go Spurs!! We lived in San Antonio until this past March, and we will always be Spurs fans.
- What has been a special moment for you in 2014? Moving into our new home in Idaho, and seeing our new home and garden for the first time.
- What is your favorite quote? I like this by John Barrymore: “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.”
- What was your favorite class when still at school? History. I have always felt strongly connected to the past, and I especially like to read about the American Revolution.
- Anything you had wished to have learned earlier? It took some detours and wrong turns, but I have finally realized that I want to be a writer when I grow up 😉
- What musical instrument have you tried to play? I love to play the guitar and violin, and I hope to have more time to play after I finish finals in a couple of classes. My husband has a guitar, too, and it will be nice to have time to play music again!
My nominees for the Real Neat Blog Award are gifted writers who encourage and help us heal with their words: